HELP. Merchant states order refunded and canceled paypal still shows authorization.

rocketpandas22
New Community Member

Placed and order w a big online retailer 2 weeks ago. My order was canceled the same day for security purposes. However there is still an authorization for the total amount on my paypal account, since i used paypal balance it was taken and has yet to be refunded. I've gone back and fourth with the retailer and paypal who tell me the same thing every time. " it has been canceled on our end please contact paypal".... " i see the order has not been canceled yet please call the merchant". What can i do in this situation? i want my money back!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rocketpandas22 

That's what happens with authorizations, some of them still remain after order cancelation, until it expires if funds are uncaptured, in no longer than 30 days with funds released:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-cancel-a-paypal-order-or-authorization-faq4001

If by chance the transaction is listed as completed, then you can dispute it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rocketpandas22
New Community Member

Is this the absolute only solution, to wait 30 days. I wouldn't mind if it was a lower amount but this was a 5 digit payment, there is alot more i could be doing with that money.

Login to Me Too

rocketpandas22
New Community Member

I wish it was marked as completed so i could dispute it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.