Fix problems - eBay- add card to pay

DonRady
Contributor
Contributor

When I tried to pay for an eBay item I'm getting a 'fix paypal' error on the eBay app payment page. I click it - as if selecting payment method - and it takes me to a PayPal page asking me to add a debit/credit card. I already have a debit card (and bank) attached to my account which has the monies available to pay for the item. Any ideas? It were working ok and paying for items less than £288 ....it happened 1st time when I tried paying for a £375 phone I'm trying to purchase on eBay. I tried to pay for a small priced item, it worked ok again, then the 375 item an got same 'add card' page...that were last night. Anyway, just tried to pay for a less than £15 item just now and now getting the same 'fix paypal/add card' error Checked PayPal- all ok, limitations have been removed, email confirmed, bank and card verified, no notifications, and looks to be running smoothly. Has anybody any ideas pls? Trying to get a real person to chat to from aypal is just a full stop NO and brick wall!! Thank you guys and girls 😉

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DonRady 

Sounds like to me it is a PayPal internal security measure. Every time you try to make a high value purchase, it asks for a card, probably a way to verify identity or asking for back up payment method. See if there is a "Change" link to go and select your debit card. Were you trying to pay with bank account or debit card? 

Or you can just give your PayPal account a rest for a few days so security system can reset and then try again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DonRady
Contributor
Contributor
Trying to pay with debit card. Card, plus account, already fully verified. I've tried removing the card. Then adding it when asked.. to no avail. This is only happening for payments over £300. I can pay for anything and everything else that is at least 1p under the £30 Mark. Now, again, eBay have logged negative none payment marks against my name. Again. I have 1 item left on my eBay purchase history that is over £299.99 (literally by 1 p!) That remains unpaid but with a none payment case open for. It ...which I cannot rectify due to the inadequate and basically 'useless' big 'I am' 'high end' company...called paypal!! Pathetic...spent hours and hours with this problem now. My poor head hurts!! Lol. Thank you hun for trying to help xx
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.