Family/friends transfer without fees problem from Japan

multibrandsjp
Contributor
Contributor
Hello guys! A friend of mine is in Japan and he wants to send me some money on PayPal using family/frisnds transfer without fees method. But he told me that he can’t do that because in Japan the family transfer method it’s not available and the only one method he can send me the money is with fees but PayPal ask him for the tracking number. I don’t know why paypal is asking him for a tracking number because he wants to send me some money we do not do any business here. He don’t sell me anything! Why? Plz help us
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@multibrandsjp 

If it is not allowing a personal payment to be sent, it will have to be a commercial payment. If no tracking number is necessary, the receiver of the money must click "Add Tracking" and select an order status and then the sender of the money must confirm receipt for in order for the money to be released to the receiver. The money is subject to PayPal fees and currency conversion if any.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

multibrandsjp
Contributor
Contributor
@sharpiemarker When he try to send me the money PayPal is asking him for tracking number. we do not do any business we just want to send some money. How could send me the money if paypal is asking him for a tracking number? plz help.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@multibrandsjp wrote:
@sharpiemarkerWhen he try to send me the money PayPal is asking him for tracking number. we do not do any business we just want to send some money. How could send me the money if paypal is asking him for a tracking number? plz help.

Because it is a commercial payment, if your friend can't send a personal payment. I told you what to do, whoever received the money has to click "Add Tracking" in the transaction details and select an order status (order processed or marked as shipped; if you do not have a tracking number) and have to let the sender know when they have done this so sender can confirm receipt on their end to release funds to whoever received the money. Understand?

Unless PayPal limited your friend's account which is something more serious, and is asking for tracking number and supplier documents, the friend has to submit the documents and/or explain why they do not have tracking number by writing a letter, pdf it, and upload to the account limitation case in the Resolution Center.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.