Cancelled refund from shop

fueledbyaisling
Contributor
Contributor

On the 15th April I purchased an item from a seller on Depop, the item arrived and was not as described and is unwearable so I notified the seller immediatley that I would like to refund.

I sent the item back on May 6th, shared proof with the seller and also paypal to ensure I was covered. The refund from the seller had been showing 'pending' in my account for seven days before I got an email from Paypal notifying me that the seller has cancelled this refund.

The seller is claiming they did not action this and the money is showing deducted from their account. I have tried opening dispute cases and they are automatically closed within seconds 'in favor of the seller'. I cannot understand why this is or if it is a glitch on the system. I have sent the item back, showed proof of this and am now currently out of pocket with this loss.

If the seller advertised the item truthfully, I would not have purchased as the garment was completely different. I have tried ringing and email Paypal team several times with no avail, I am getting frustrated as I am being left out of pocket for no good reason.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

fueledbyaisling
Contributor
Contributor

Can any mods/paypal staff help me on this please?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.