Allow seller to charge for automatic payments?

Michgins
Contributor
Contributor

I went to pay for an item with my PayPal balance and when I got to the final step it said that I had to I had to “authorize (the seller and its divisions) to charge my PayPal account for automatic payments. I am not subscribing to anything just buying one item. Why should I have to agree to let them charge automatic payments to my Paypal account rather than a one time charge?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Michgins wrote:

I went to pay for an item with my PayPal balance and when I got to the final step it said that I had to I had to “authorize (the seller and its divisions) to charge my PayPal account for automatic payments. I am not subscribing to anything just buying one item. Why should I have to agree to let them charge automatic payments to my Paypal account rather than a one time charge?

Who is the merchant? You can always go to your automatic payment settings to cancel the authorization after you make the initial payment.

Side note: omg, PayPal finally got rid of the annoying captchas to make posts, yay!

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.