5 year customer inquiry

filmmaker123
Contributor
Contributor

A customer wrote about a shipment from 5 years ago. PayPal only allows me to go back 3 years. I need to access this transaction. Help please!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @filmmaker123 and @kernowlass,

Thank you for your posts.

Payment records are available for 3 years. I regret that going back farther than that is not possible in the customer interface. If you have a query about the details of a specific payment, you can ask a representative to look into the transaction and provide some details about that transaction. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

If you wish to back up any records for later reference, you can download a copy of your activity history as a .csv file periodically and back it up on your local machine. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@filmmaker123

May be slightly different in your country but this may give you the gist............

Go to "activity" top of your paypal page > on the right of the page under "simple / detailed" click on statements > activity export > then on the left of that page under history click on advanced > then in the drop down box under "find a transaction" you can search by email / name / date etc etc etc OR you can click on advanced instead of basic and go back year by year.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

filmmaker123
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, but unfortunately, I cannot access those options.
A statement report states 3years and activity dropdown, clicking thru the calendar, only goes back to 2015 too. Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 11.51.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-13 at 11.48.55 AM.png

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @filmmaker123 and @kernowlass,

Thank you for your posts.

Payment records are available for 3 years. I regret that going back farther than that is not possible in the customer interface. If you have a query about the details of a specific payment, you can ask a representative to look into the transaction and provide some details about that transaction. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

If you wish to back up any records for later reference, you can download a copy of your activity history as a .csv file periodically and back it up on your local machine. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Olivia

So how come i can go back to the 1990's and even further?? eg................

Just done a test and all my transactions came up for 2007.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kernowlass,

That's strange! I'll check into it further. It may be something country-specific. I'll see what I can find out.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kernowlass,

As near as I can figure, there's a difference in the user experience between countries. If you look at the help center article that I linked above, the URL shows that it's a US-specific article, and it states that the transaction history covers 3 years. If you change the country code in the URL to those of some other countries, that 3 year verbiage disappears. It may be because changes to the user interface are sometimes rolled out to only some countries, with those changes for other countries either not being made at all or being made at a later time.

I know it makes for an interesting time, since you're typically applying your own account experiences when you answer questions. That experience continues to be very valuable. The trick with changing the country code in the help center is a great way to double-check if ever someone comes back and says that something you offered by way of help didn't work for them.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Olivia

Thank you for your reply, yes I do tend to do that most times, changing the middle bit to gb or us or ca dependent on country.

Guess I missed it on that particular answer so thanks for the clarification, strange that some countries can and some can't though  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

filmmaker123
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you! I contacted PayPal support by email and they will try to find the shipment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.