Payflow Transparent Redirect - Not accepting posted cc data

EmptyMind
Contributor
Contributor

Hey All, 

I'm running into an issue when testing a transparent redirect workflow for a client. Unfortunately the  documentation is rather lax on working examples. 

I get the data, submit it to get the secure token. Successfully. 

The next step is where I'm struggling. I have the form with cc info and the secure token posting to the gateway, but instead of the gateway redirecting back, it is instead displaying a form for entering the CC and contact info. It pre-fills the name and address from the secure token so its receiving the posted data. Devtools shows that the correct data is being posted.  All the docs say that this is the correct workflow.

I've scoured through google and read everything that comes up for user experiences and none have described this happening to them. They are usually confused on the different hostnames for the token and the transaction, or didn't set up their sandbox/testing users correctly and get auth errors, or that like, but I've dealt with all that as far as I can tell. 

It's just not accepting the CC details provided per my form, and re-prompting for them.  

Has anyone else experienced this? What was the solution?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

EmptyMind
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. After contacting paypal support directly and being bounced around departments. They finally sent a proper working example over. After comparing the code it was determined the exact cause of the error was in fact that that code I was working with had:

SILENTTRAN=true; 

Instead of 

SILENTTRAN="TRUE";

Once this was discovered and corrected everything else fell into place wonderfully. 

🙂 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

not_here

Hi @EmptyMind,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a difficult time. Can you tell me if you're including silenttran=true on your CREATESECURETOKEN=Y request?

Thanks,

Christina 

Login to Me Too
Solved

EmptyMind
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. After contacting paypal support directly and being bounced around departments. They finally sent a proper working example over. After comparing the code it was determined the exact cause of the error was in fact that that code I was working with had:

SILENTTRAN=true; 

Instead of 

SILENTTRAN="TRUE";

Once this was discovered and corrected everything else fell into place wonderfully. 

🙂 

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @EmptyMind,

I'm glad to hear that you got this issue figured out. I apologize that you were transferred to multiple teams within PayPal. I'll take your learnings and make changes to our documentation to ensure that others don't encounter this same issue.

Thanks, 

Christina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.