ipn problems

nbs
Contributor
Contributor

I've bee using IPN for years and all of a sudden  it no longer works . It keeps retrying and get an Http error 500. I know what 500 means but can't find any issue with the IPN Listener.  HELP!!!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sailr
Contributor
Contributor

We stopped receiving IPN's when a customer makes a purchase. I have reported this previously and thought it was fixed. It is NOT. We still are not receiving IPNs. This causes us to miss shipping product and creates bad will from our customers. 

FIX THIS PROBLEM! We have checked all of our settings with emails to where to send the IPN and they are correct!

Login to Me Too

nbs
Contributor
Contributor

When I check the IPN history I found that the sends failed.

My IPN listener is written in vb  ASP.  and the web site is on a GoDaddy shared server. I had been using  the Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP server object to post back to PayPal  at https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr . For what ever reason that  call caused an error on the page.  I changed it to use Microsoft.XMLHTTP server object  and that  seems to work.  The sends now complete and I can collect the info from the IPN.

I don't know if you are having the same issue but this worked form me.

Login to Me Too

sailr
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but I'm not savvy enough to understand all that. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.