Since 10 July all IPN fail with error "Retrying" !!

crossing
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Since 10 July all IPN fail with error "Retrying". I need to manually validate dozens of payments every day.  I use it since 8 years now with not a single issue until a few days ago.

Paypal error details on Instant Payment Notification (IPN) details :

HTTP response code  503

Delivery statusRetrying

No. of retries 13

My platform error:

[Warning] => fsockopen returned a following error when trying to connect to PayPal
[Error nr] => 0

My IPN URL is 100% ok, it loads without any error. That 503 error is generate only by paypal server for no reason.

Is anyone facing similar issue here ? I need urgent help , paypal simply don't care about , when I reported this problem via  their chat help they replied me to check my spam folder if you can believe that.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

webpilot
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, also July 10. I've even tried a very simple PHP script that just attempts fsockopen to the ipnpb.paypal.com endpoint and that fails to connect. Curl fails as well. This is from two different servers on different networks, so I'm not seeing how it could be on my end. Connecting to any other public URL via fsockopen/curl works perfectly.

@crossing Were you able to get a resolution or any support?

Login to Me Too

attivihost
New Community Member

I also have the same problem. someone managed to solve?

Login to Me Too

webpilot
Contributor
Contributor

I was told by support it has to do with connecting via TLS 1.0 or 1.1. instead of 1.2. In my case I was able to resolve it by changing the host from ipnpb.paypal.com to www.paypal.com. I thought the www version was deprecated but was told by support it is fine to still use that endpoint. I also changed my fsockopen call to force TLS 1.2 by using the prefix "tlsv1.2://" in the fsockopen call. Hope that helps anyone having the issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.