Why is PayPal forcing me to offer Venmo?

SandyHHK
Contributor
Contributor

When creating a button, is there a way to remove the Venmo option. I can't find one. I'd also like to remove the pay later option.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_John

Hello @SandyHHK

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Merchant Community.

You may remove the enable-funding=venmo parameter and specify the disable-funding=venmo,paylater parameter in the script tag of the HTML button if you want to prevent the Venmo and Pay Later options from appearing on your checkout. Please see the following code sample as an example of what that will look like.

<script src="https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=YOUR-CILENT-ID-HERE&components=hosted-buttons&disable-funding=venmo,paylater&currency=USD"></script>

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or need any further assistance.

Sincerely,

John

MTS

PayPal

If you found this post helpful, please give it a kudos or accept it as a solution so it can help others with a similar question.

Login to Me Too

CDB371
New Community Member

I have the same problem as Hillary4th . 

I'm setting up no-code payment links, and

1. do not have a Venmo account
    • do not want to wait 30 minutes for confirmation that payment has been received
  2. do not want to accept Pay Later if that means I take any risk on the collection of full payment
    • I don't know how this works on PayPal
  3. ideally, I'd like to just have "Pay With PayPal" and "Debit or Credit Card"

Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too

Hillary4th
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to create a link, as opposed to a button, and I can't see where to edit the html to remove the Venmo and Pay Later options. Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.