cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update your PayPal buttons before 29th March 2017.......

SOLVED
New Community Member

Re: Update your PayPal buttons before 29th March 2017.......

I logged into my PayPal account today and got the message about the buttons.  We have 3 buttons on our site; all are paypal hosted. Furthermore, I have just tried all 3 and they seem to be bringing up the new cart.

Web page is http://www.fingertiptaxfacts.com/index.php/buy

Thanks!

Hi,

Buttons look good at the moment, I do see a couple of errors from December 5th though, which is likely the reason you are getting the comm, again a case of us been better safe than sorry. 

The errors where caused by the drop down options in the button not having matching amount values when passed over to to us, but looking at the buttons now they look good. 

New Community Member

Excellent -- thank you!

Hi @MTS_Ciaran

We're just wondering why we're still getting the notification when we log into PayPal:

"Important: Action Required
Your business may be unable to continue processing payments with PayPal Payments Standard (also called Website Payments Standard or HTML buttons) because you haven’t made a required update to your integration.
Your integration is passing invalid or incorrect date to PayPal in one or more of your payment buttons."

I did make the change with the comma in the amount field as suggested before. However, the notification talks about "passing invalid or incorrect date". We don't pass date information in any fields.

1) When will the notification stop showing when logging into PayPal

2) Can you see any reason why the "invalid or incorrect date" message is being displayed?

Thanks so much for your help. I appreciate it greatly.

@GVillage

The message on the account are time based, so will expire (I'll get the exact expiration time and let you know) they are not dependant on the error, in other words clearing the error will not clear the message as they are not dependant on each other. 

Also "date" is a typo, it should be "data", I'll raise this and have this addressed, can you post a screenshot of that please?

I'll try and grab a screenshot the next time it appears. 

@GVillage Thanks, but make sure you just screenshot the message, hide any account level details obviously Smiley Wink

New Community Member

What I gather from this is everyone is seeing this error? I have a ton of buttons on my site, and I THINK I've checked them all and all of them are directing to the new version. SO not sure why I'm seeing the message.

@coolsheet - Just went through the logs and found a few with amount validation errors, here's an example from Jan 29th:

cmd=_xclick

item_name=5000 Instagram Followers

currency_code=USD

amount=$17.99

The dollar symbol was passed over in the amount field. 

New Community Member

Hi There, 

Would subscriptions be affected by this change? We have a checkout for a subscription here. It is still going to an older look and feel. Based on this though, I do not see anything specific to subscriptions.