Update your PayPal buttons before 29th March 2017.......

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

================================

Updating thread title to reflect the new date of March 29th.

Please note that we have extended the go live date for this until March 29th. Any questions related to updating the buttons and HTML basics related to this upgrade please post here.

================================

HI,

I received this email from PayPal..

Update your PayPal buttons before 18 January 2017

In January, we'll be upgrading the PayPal integration you're using, Website Payments Standard, to:

• Let your customers check out in a click with One Touch™
  • Ensure your checkout is always mobile-optimised
  • Deliver a simpler checkout design that’s consistent across desktop and mobile

To ensure you can continue to process payments once these upgrades have taken place, please update your PayPal buttons by 18 January 2017.

What do you need to do?

We’ve identified problems with at least one of your PayPal buttons so please check all your existing buttons for invalid or incorrect data.

--

I've been testing my buttons to see if theres a problem, so far all working (still many to go)
If PayPal has identified a problem cant they also mention where and what it is since they discovered it?

I see the PayPal documentation but so far I cant see my mistake..

Any help or advice on this most welcome.. i.e further info on this email and how to troubleshoot this..

Anthony

Login to Me Too
284 REPLIES 284

tebridgman
Contributor
Contributor

I logged into my PayPal account today and got the message about the buttons.  We have 3 buttons on our site; all are paypal hosted. Furthermore, I have just tried all 3 and they seem to be bringing up the new cart.

Web page is http://www.fingertiptaxfacts.com/index.php/buy

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Hi,

Buttons look good at the moment, I do see a couple of errors from December 5th though, which is likely the reason you are getting the comm, again a case of us been better safe than sorry. 

The errors where caused by the drop down options in the button not having matching amount values when passed over to to us, but looking at the buttons now they look good. 

Login to Me Too

tebridgman
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent -- thank you!

Login to Me Too

GVillage
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Ciaran

We're just wondering why we're still getting the notification when we log into PayPal:

"Important: Action Required
Your business may be unable to continue processing payments with PayPal Payments Standard (also called Website Payments Standard or HTML buttons) because you haven’t made a required update to your integration.
Your integration is passing invalid or incorrect date to PayPal in one or more of your payment buttons."

I did make the change with the comma in the amount field as suggested before. However, the notification talks about "passing invalid or incorrect date". We don't pass date information in any fields.

1) When will the notification stop showing when logging into PayPal

2) Can you see any reason why the "invalid or incorrect date" message is being displayed?

Thanks so much for your help. I appreciate it greatly.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

@GVillage

The message on the account are time based, so will expire (I'll get the exact expiration time and let you know) they are not dependant on the error, in other words clearing the error will not clear the message as they are not dependant on each other. 

Also "date" is a typo, it should be "data", I'll raise this and have this addressed, can you post a screenshot of that please?

Login to Me Too

GVillage
Contributor
Contributor

I'll try and grab a screenshot the next time it appears. 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

@GVillage Thanks, but make sure you just screenshot the message, hide any account level details obviously 😉

Login to Me Too

coolsheet
New Community Member

What I gather from this is everyone is seeing this error? I have a ton of buttons on my site, and I THINK I've checked them all and all of them are directing to the new version. SO not sure why I'm seeing the message.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

@coolsheet - Just went through the logs and found a few with amount validation errors, here's an example from Jan 29th:

cmd=_xclick

item_name=5000 Instagram Followers

currency_code=USD

amount=$17.99

The dollar symbol was passed over in the amount field. 

Login to Me Too

ujalal
New Community Member

Hi There, 

Would subscriptions be affected by this change? We have a checkout for a subscription here. It is still going to an older look and feel. Based on this though, I do not see anything specific to subscriptions. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.