Update your PayPal buttons before 29th March 2017.......

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

================================

Updating thread title to reflect the new date of March 29th.

Please note that we have extended the go live date for this until March 29th. Any questions related to updating the buttons and HTML basics related to this upgrade please post here.

================================

HI,

I received this email from PayPal..

Update your PayPal buttons before 18 January 2017

In January, we'll be upgrading the PayPal integration you're using, Website Payments Standard, to:

• Let your customers check out in a click with One Touch™
  • Ensure your checkout is always mobile-optimised
  • Deliver a simpler checkout design that’s consistent across desktop and mobile

To ensure you can continue to process payments once these upgrades have taken place, please update your PayPal buttons by 18 January 2017.

What do you need to do?

We’ve identified problems with at least one of your PayPal buttons so please check all your existing buttons for invalid or incorrect data.

--

I've been testing my buttons to see if theres a problem, so far all working (still many to go)
If PayPal has identified a problem cant they also mention where and what it is since they discovered it?

I see the PayPal documentation but so far I cant see my mistake..

Any help or advice on this most welcome.. i.e further info on this email and how to troubleshoot this..

Anthony

Login to Me Too
284 REPLIES 284

mun1shsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We recieved this email from paypal and when we checked our PayPal screens those were reidrecting to new PayPal checkout screen for single payment, however when we tested the recurring payment functionality the URL was redirecting to older screen. So can you please let me know if we need to make some changes in the recurring payment URL so taht we can do the needful. 

Below is the URL for your reference: 

&METHOD=SetExpressCheckout&RETURNURL=http%3A%2F%2Fmyprojectdemonstration.com%2Fpayment%2Fprocess.payment.php&CANCELURL=http%3A%2F%2Fmyprojectdemonstration.com%2Fpayment%2Fcredit.card.php&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_PAYMENTACTION=SALE&L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME0=Monthly+Recurring+Payment+testing&L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NUMBER0=&L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_DESC0=Monthly+Charged&L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT0=28.35&L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_QTY0=1&NOSHIPPING=1&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_ITEMAMT=28.35&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_TAXAMT=0&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPPINGAMT=0&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_HANDLINGAMT=0&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPDISCAMT=0&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_INSURANCEAMT=0&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT=28.35&PAYMENTREQUEST_0_CURRENCYCODE=US&LOCALECODE=EN&CARTBORDERCOLOR=FFFFFF&ALLOWNOTE=1&L_BILLINGTYPE0=RecurringPayments&L_BILLINGAGREEMENTDESCRIPTION0=Monthly+Recurring+Payment&L_PAYMENTTYPE0=Any&L_CUSTOM0=Any

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

@mun1shsharma - Can you post a link to the website please, I'd like to test this out. 

Login to Me Too

mun1shsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ciaran,

Thanks for your quick response. 

We further dig into the issue and found that when we are passing below parameters in the express checkout code the PayPal redirects the website to older interface. 

&L_BILLINGTYPE0=RecurringPayments

&L_BILLINGAGREEMENTDESCRIPTION0=FitnessMembership

So please let us know if there are alternatives to these parameters for implementing the recurring payment through express checkout.

For checking the issue on our website, below is the URL for your reference:

http://myprojectdemonstration.com/development/seoexpertsindia/demo/payment/credit.card.php

Please fill the form with reuqired values and check the Schedule this Payment Monthly checkbox as it will then redirect you to the older payment interface however in case you will not check this box you will redirected to correct interface. 

Looking forward to your response. 

Regards,

Munish Sharma

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Thanks for the link. 

My slight concern here is that you're referring to Express Checkout variables, but this plan is only for Website Payments Standard so I need to dig into this a little more to better understand. I'll keep you posted. 

Login to Me Too

mun1shsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ciaran,

Thanks for the updates. 

Yes, you can further check the details at your end though from our search we also thought that the updates provided by PayPal are for Website Payments Standard (HTML buttonr or intergration done through HTML forms) only but we got confused between new interface and older interface as during express checkout the url is redirecting to older interface.

So we thought that this needs to be updated as well though we didn't find any update on PayPal documentation/help for the same. So I would appreciate if you can check the same at your end so that we can provide updates to client further. 

Thanks for your help. 

Regards,

Munish Sharma

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

ok got it 🙂

So your flow is using recurring payments with purchase, this specific flow on Express Checkout will not get the new flow yet, its coming in the next few weeks though, so what you're seeing is expected. 

Now, the reason you got the email is because there was a couple of flags related to WPS on the old flow from Nov 30th and Dec 1st, those errors where caused by an error in the amount value passed over to us, the logs are to old to confirm, but I would suspect that passing the "$" in the amount field or a comma caused it. Very common case that we're seeing. 

Login to Me Too

mun1shsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ciaran,

We really appreicate your help and quick updates. We will look forward to the updates from PayPal regarding the Express checkout method and will proceed with next steps accordingly .

Regarding the email, we are assuming that we recieved email at our end since there must be some error in one of the payments requests recieved at paypal end which might have caused your system to send this notice to us that we might be using older payment method. So for now we need not to update anything at our end as it is already updated. 

Regards,

Munish Sharma

Login to Me Too

PJijin
New Community Member

I have checked my websites and in checkout its new paypal layout. Is there any way to find which checkout page is old?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Can you send me over a link to your website and I'll check on my side.

Login to Me Too

milinnd
Contributor
Contributor

I am not having a Paypal buiness a/c nor Premier a/c and i have not set up any PayPal button on my own. My Paypal id has been incorporated in the PayPal buttons of the instant commissions sites i promote.So i am unable to understand how to locate the fault. Can Paypal identify the fault?

I checked up with one of my downline in an Instant commission site and i got the feedback that he is seeing the New Papal check out page.

As the New PayPal check out page can be seen does it mean that my PayPal a/c is ok? Can you please check it?

Warm regards,

Milind Koppikar

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.