If PayPal cannot offer / provide appropriate support in these times it should shut down.

NoNewEmails
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal…

I am so upset. 

Just sold my first item on eBay only to learn that you have put a hold on my payment until I provide shipping info.

I have $1.84 to my name.

Why you guys are not upfront and make this crystal clear re placing holds on transaction is beyond me. 

I am so upset. 

And what the heck kind of help can you get from that stupid automated chat app you have!

If you cannot offer the appropriate amount of customer support due to covid-19 then you should shut down. 

The pain and suffering you have put me through this past hour is not right. I have a serious heart condition.

I’m just so upset with you. Let me have the money. You write and explain what’s going on to the buyer.

This is a joke. It’s so upsetting

Steve Allen

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NoNewEmails 

Its not really possible to have all this information upfront in your face. The site would be cluttered and hard to navigate. You have to be mindful, going to the help pages to read all about selling before doing it, can't go into it half-cocked.

Its in the Help documentation which is pretty much the operation manual for your paypal account:

Why is my payment on hold and when will it be available?

Why is my payment from a sale on eBay on hold?

It is not just PayPal but eBay institutes holds as well as per:

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/payment-holds-0

Need money to make money. Put the postage on a credit card, or borrow the money and buy postage at the PO or refund/cancel the order. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

NoNewEmails
Contributor
Contributor

Nine years with eBay. A 100% buying record. PayPal will NOT make an exception and continue to quote the rules. 

This policy re holding funds until sellers have shipped and provided tracking is NOT clear. It is NOT transparent. 

Would I of placed my items for sell knowing that I would not have the money to ship the items.

I thought from the moment I placed my FIRST item up for sell that once the auction was over I would get paid.

I asked PayPal to contact the buyer as she was happy to get the money released. NO. PayPal would not do that.

They are now using my money. It's in their account making interest. 

I want to take PayPal to court. If they do not release the money it should go in to an account that does NOT benefit either parties.

That would be Fair, Just and Resonable. 

Also this policy re having to provide shipping info before money is released should be known each time, known clearly that this is the case. 

I NEVER saw anything.

PayPal are hiding behind the fine print.

I would of ONLY had Bank Deposit as a payment option if I knew this hidden policy. 

Why will PayPal based on all my correspondence NOT make an exemption. 

There is supposedly and exception to every rule...not with PayPal and that is NOT fair!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.