Big spike in wrong address

ScleraMarker
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently seen a massive jump in the number of customers reporting that the order is being sent to the wrong address, and even been told that they were never given the option of changing their address during PayPal checkout.  I'm talking it's gone from around 1 in 50 to more than 1 in 10 customers.

I've tested the checkout and although there is the option to press the "change" link, I have to agree it certainly isn't clearly marked to a skim reader - it's a single line of standard text.

I almost feel like PayPal has intentionally made it less obvious on the UI so that when customers email to change the address, if sellers do so then they void their protection.

Has anyone else experienced this increase over the last couple of months? It's getting extremely frustrating that it hasn't been made to stand out more, like put on multiple lines or make the "change" a button that stands out rather than an unmarked link.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.