PayPal PLUS: Are you EFFIN KIDDING ME????

plusapenguin
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see my PP Plus credit card link on my account overview page.

Several phone calls later -- and you know how LOOOOOONG you have to wait for customer service, PLUS, the crazy maze of phone options that are designed to keep you from speaking to anyone live -- and the advice I finally get FROM PAYPAL!!! Here it is... drum roll....

"We are unable to link your Paypal Plus credit card to your Paypal account. We suggest you CANCEL your Paypal Plus credit card and then reapply for a new card which we will then link to your account."

What the effin' eff? 

I thought I'd heard it all, man. 

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

ifinet
Contributor
Contributor

I got approved for this card on 10th or 11th of this month, but I still cant access my card online (I didnt get it yet). I called their customer support (dissappointingly in india), and got a wierd response " Sir, it will take 5 days to link your card to your account", and I was like "five days from what, approval? activation?", she then uttered a wierd reponse "I really dont know sir...just five days". I guess paypal is now hiring people that are willing to accept pay in the form of anchovies....their CSRs sound malnutritioned and lose focus while talking to you.

GEMB is a nice bank, and they should seriously consider losing these clowns...

I'm so phucking mad right now about not being able to access my credit!

I urge you guys to file a complaint with BBB. heres a link to do so http://sanjose.bbb.org/Business-Report/PayPal-Inc-210387

Login to Me Too

jwl329
Contributor
Contributor

I have not seen my card since August.  Thanks for the link.  I am going there now.  These PayPal people are liar, theves, and in many ways idiots.

Login to Me Too

greenmachine2
Contributor
Contributor

Well I paid off my balance over the phone +the $15.00 "ripoff fee", shredded my PayPal Extras M/C.

Hopefully I will get a letter sometime in the near future that they closed my account due to inactivity.

The lady over the phone said that I could pay by mail but I declined, she asked me if I wanted to

receive paper statements in the mail and I said no.

I wonder if I had not deleted my online paypal account if I would still not be able view it online.

Anyway I am done with paypa, I don't even want to use it with another credit card, just don't trust

them. My advice if you have a balance, pay it off and destroy your card and don't look back.

Login to Me Too

I just sent a complaint to the BBB....wish I had read all of these complaints before I got this card.  I'm getting rid of this card.  Paying it off and even if I have to pay the fees to pay by phone, I'm gonna just clear it off and CANCEL this card!!!!

Login to Me Too

fylerd
Contributor
Contributor

Smiley SurprisedYou talk me out of applying for this card in a hurry. I do not need the head ache, thanks for all the in put.

Login to Me Too

radionewsguy
Contributor
Contributor

mine works fine, no problems so far, they bill the **bleep** out of me on time every time, and I make payments as I buy and sell, so its a rolling thing, most months i pay like 20 times, and charge like 40 times, i use it for busienss, works great, and leaves a nice paper trail.

Login to Me Too

CarolAnna
Contributor
Contributor

I have started getting phone calls at work from 866-437-2914.  Since I was not familiar with this #, I thought I would let it go to voice mail.  It didn't.  And they are calling again.  So I googled the # to find that it's supposedly a collection agency that the GE Money people use to "harrass" their debtors - even the ones who pay on time.  There are several sites devoted to finding out who is calling and why.  I have a balance and I always pay on time.  Now I plan to pay it off and cancel the card.  If the calls continue, I need to find a way to take other action.  I can't have these calls coming to me at work.  I have no idea how they even got this number!  I guess I need to start watching for this # calling me at home as well.  I have a husband with health issues.  He doesn't need to deal with this when I'm not home.

Login to Me Too

bobsully
Contributor
Contributor

An attempt was just made on me at home.  Merry Christmas indeed.  Very clever scam to get information, but they also directed me to the website.  So I made a visit, and of course, everything is current and up-to-date.  I googled 866-437-2914 and found about the problem with these crooks.

Login to Me Too

jwl329
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem with those idiots.  How in the world can they be in business? I have not seen my card since August.  I have made 15 calls to "Peggy" to get it fixed.  Nothing but totally false promises.  I do not recommend this card.  No way!!!

Login to Me Too

No kidding!!!  I've had this Extras card for 2 months.  I rec'd one paper statement.  I paid it in full.  Now, I haven't rec'd any paper statements or on=-line statements or anything and I call and find out that I owe a LOT of money and it's all due in 4 frickin' days!!!  I can't write an get a check mailed in that short of a time.  I can't find a link ANYWHERE on line to pay the bill on line and my 750 credit score is going to take a big hit because I KNOW I'll get charged a high credt fee plus fees and more fees!!!  AND customer service can't help me and the on line "people" are nothing but comptuers that can't help  me either.  I am going to pay this card off, call someone to complain about them and then I am canceling this card!!!!  And I'm never going to recommend PayPal for anything!!!! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.