Credit Card disappointment

justme1000
New Community Member

Paypal solicited me to open a Master Card Account. When I got the account they gave a $500 credit limit. Since I was going to use the card for my business which purchases equipment that often costs more than $500 I asked if they could raise the limit.

Customer service answered "no". They went on to tell me it's pretty unusual to have a credit limit that low. Then he told me the limit was based on my credit score.

I have a perfect credit score, no current creditcard debt and what most would consider a very good income.  I asked if I could talk to someone about it.

He told me I could send a "letter" no kidding, a written letter on paper, to ask them to reconsider. No phone, no email -- only postal communication!

I promise I was polite through the entire process... then the guy tries to sell me insurance in case I can't make my payment.

I closed the credit card account on the spot.

I am very very tempted to close the paypal account I've had for years as well. I've been using google checkout to buy a lot of things now and it seems to be fine.

Is there anything PayPal can do that Google can't?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.