Unable to Make a Monthly PayPal Credit Payment

Koala
Contributor
Contributor
For about the past 24 hours, I've been trying to log into my PayPal Credit account to make a payment. Today I keep receiving the message, "Synchrony Bank is experiencing some unexpected technical issues. We apologize for this inconvenience. We appreciate your patience as we work quickly to resolve the matter. Please try again later. Please note - our call centers are also experiencing technical difficulties and may have long wait times. Thank you for being a valued customer." I've searched online to see if anyone else is receiving this message and can't find anything. I've cleared my cache and restarted my device... same message. CAN ANYONE HELP OR CONFIRM OR PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION!?
Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32
Solved

lovetosell
Contributor
Contributor

I received the following message from PayPal with information on how to contact Synchrony Bank / PayPal Credit.  I haven't tried the chat yet, but hope this will help all of us!

We have been experiencing technical issues with the Synchrony bank website who handles our PayPal line of credits. I would request you to contact PayPal Credit team directly as an alternative.
ayPal Credit is fully owned by Synchrony now and we have almost no visibility into your PayPal Credit information. You can reach out to them at this number: [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]

You can follow these steps to chat with an agent.
Here is how you can chat with PayPal Credit:
1. Log into your PayPal account
2. Click on PayPal Credit in the PayPal Credit box
3. Click on "Contact US" at the bottom of the PayPal Credit home page.
4. Click on Chat with a live agent.
OR
- Customer Support for NA PayPal Credit is handled by Synchrony Financial.
- If you start at Synchrony website, you will be directed to log into your PayPal Account.
- From there you can choose Go to PayPal Credit in the PayPal Credit Summary section.
- This will take you to their Synchrony Financial PayPal Credit servicing site where you can locate Chat at the top right corner to speak with Synchrony.

Login to Me Too

lovetosell
Contributor
Contributor

Just realized the response I received and pasted from PayPal on how to reach PayPal Credit was not useful... at least as far as accessing chat, as they instruct to click on the PayPal credit box. Well, there is no box when I log in. It is completely gone. No trace of it. Only option will be to call and it sounds like many of you are having extremely long waits by phone and not getting assistance.  Is there any word "out there" regarding what has happened? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

lovetosell
Contributor
Contributor

My apologies. PayPal blocked the phone number I was trying to provide to others to reach PayPal Credit. Geez... could they make this any more difficult.

Login to Me Too

KingBob
Contributor
Contributor

This is scary stuff. PayPal is like a bank. Not good. I will likely pull my money for safety. Cannot get help via the phone either. Warning signs!

Login to Me Too

ptosistheseus
Contributor
Contributor

No, it has not been solved at all. 

Your "solve" is not working. The following does not work:

You can make payments online, by phone, or by mail.
To make payments online, log into your PayPal account, then select PayPal Credit. You'll then be transferred to the Synchrony Bank servicing site where you can make one-time payments, or have the option to set up recurring payments.
To make payments by phone, call Synchrony Bank a[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Mon-Fri 8am-11pm ET, and Sat-Sun 9am-9pm ET.
To make payments by mail, use the payment address provided on your billing statement.

There is no button to pay bill for Paypal credit that is through synchrony which has been down for days. Called synchrony at direct yesterday a[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]and the message was "unable to access any account" not just mine. Today synchrony.com is back up but still useless because when I go to https://www.synchrony.com/find-account.html and type in PAYPAL, it returns me to your site which of course still has no button to pay off credit card.  Synchrony is FUBAR and paypal should sever relationship with Synchrony since it is the worst credit card company in the world.

Login to Me Too

lovetosell
Contributor
Contributor

I'll paste & post this again.... It worked for me today (Sunday, 07/18). I logged onto this link and was taken immediately to PayPal Credit (NOT PayPal).

I was able to pay my PayPal Credit account using this link:

Try using this link:  https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/ppcredit/

I found this link on another post addressing this issue in early June when others could not access PayPal Credit. I just clicked on the link and was able to access my PayPal Credit.  I hope this works! Spread the word!

Login to Me Too

joea64
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, the link you provided doesn't seem to work for people who have PayPal-branded credit cards, like me. All I get is a screen saying "we have no information".

Login to Me Too

lovetosell
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry to hear this isn't working for everyone. 😞

I have no idea who said my post was the "solution" to this problem. I certainly didn't!

I'm not even aware of all of the different PayPal-related credit cards managed by Synchrony Bank.  All I have is a PayPal business account for online sales I used to have with eBay and the Synchrony PayPal Credit card for online purchases (I don't even have a physical card for it).

I was just trying to offer information for what ended up working for me... as far as making a payment. I was able to at least do that, but the box link to PayPal credit that used to be on my PayPal account when I logged in is still no where to be seen.

There are some really harsh posters here.  Lighten up! Stop picking on someone who - like you - was and is just trying to find a solution to this problem. Again, I did not say or mark my answer as a solution. I have no idea who did.

Login to Me Too

ptosistheseus
Contributor
Contributor

Wow! That works! This is just for credit and not for Smart Connect. Thanks!!!

Login to Me Too

lovetosell
Contributor
Contributor

@ptosistheseus 

Wow! I have no idea what Smart Connect even is!  I don't work for Synchrony Bank or Pay Pal buddy!  Looks like you need to find somebody to lash out at because you can't find an answer to your problem. Lucky me!

I'm sorry to hear this isn't working for everyone. 😞

I have no idea who said my post was the "solution" to this problem. I certainly didn't!

I'm not even aware of all of the different PayPal-related credit cards managed by Synchrony Bank.  All I have is a PayPal business account for online sales I used to have with eBay and the Synchrony PayPal Credit card for online purchases (I don't even have a physical card for it). I pay my PayPal credit balance every month and found there was no link to pay it this month - like everyone else here.  It appears we all might have different types of credit cards. Sorry my problem doesn't match yours and that what worked for me did not work for you.  No need to snap at me like this in your posts.

I was just trying to offer information for what ended up working for me... as far as making a payment. I was able to at least do that, but the box link to PayPal credit that used to be on my PayPal account when I logged in is still no where to be seen.

There are some really harsh posters here.  Lighten up! Stop picking on someone who - like you - was and is just trying to find a solution to this problem and who is/was trying to work with others here to find a solution. Your comments aren't helping anyone.  Again, I did not say or mark my answer as a solution. I have no idea who did. Chill out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.