PayPal Credit account closed randomly?

Bkral93
New Community Member

So I checked my credit report today and it shows that my PayPal Credit account was closed with no remarks from the creditor as to why this happened. 

I logged in to see what was going on and the account is indeed closed and the last activity on it was that I paid off the balance. I ask why this happened because the random account closure negatively impacted my credit, which has had no negative items in nearly 10 years.

Has this happened to anybody else or maybe somebody has some insight as to why they would just close responsible accounts?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Bkral93

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear your PayPal Credit account was closed. For more information, you'll want to reach out to Synchrony Bank. You can find their contact information listed on our Help Center: What is PayPal Credit?

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan 

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.