Help needed with PayPal Credit

ladylou
Contributor
Contributor

Have had PP Credit for a while now and no problems until I changed bank accounts.   For 2 months they have tried and failed to collect my monthly payment from my old account.   I have checked repeatedly that they have to correct new details - they have.

I then wrote several e-mails to 'contact us' and after a bit of to and fro, I received an e mail to say they cannot access my account,  and that I should telephone,but of course it was a weekend!!

During the weekend I checked my account regularly, by this time after missing just one payment by 7 days and trying to pay and get information checked by e mail they had frozen my account and issued a Default Notice and fees etc.   My online Account status showed that I owed £102 and £84 pounds, my monthly payment was only £32, and I know they had already added the £12 default amount.   By this time we had arrived at the 27th April, one day before my next payment day, so I assumed all would be sorted - wrong - online showed my payments as above as both pending,    I was away from home for the next few days, and next checked online on Friday 3rd May, and to my horror I had another missed payment and charges notification, although my bank showed my Direct Debit as pending (there were sufficient funds), and of course the whole bank holiday weekend was ruined worrying myself silly over this.   Today, after all the 'missed payment and charges etc. I finally got a 'thanks for the payment' e mail.   My bank showed the payment was made on 1st May,  Although this was due on 28th April, I am not able to change or otherwise alter the day a Direct Debit is taken so surely this is down to Pay Pal and not me.   I would like a UK address to which I can send a formal complaint, request withdrawal of Default and 2 x £12 charges, but having already gone down the e-mail route I have no faith in that at all.   

Is this usual for PayPal or have I just been the unlucky one chosen to be the one receiving this terrible treatment.   Thank you for allowing me to 'vent' but after a really spoilt Bank Holiday weekend I feel very angry that it was, in fact,not necessary for me to worry as I had, as it now proves not missed my payment despite all their threats and charges.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.