Difficulty paying

Caroline1412
New Community Member
I am having issues paying my direct debit with PayPal credit. When I took out PayPal credit, I was working full time and I didn’t really understand what it was, a few clicks later and I’ve got a sort of online, PayPal credit card. I didn’t think much of it at the time as I had a consistent wage, I’ve since gone on maternity leave and can not afford to return due to childcare for my two little ones. I now have a very small income, hence I have come to an agreement with PayPal to pay back a token payment of £1 a month until I return to work, hopefully next year. However, I keep receiving letters saying I’m overdue on my payments (what my Direct debit would have been) it’s adding up each month, I rang PayPal who told me to ignore the letters but I worry I’ll have a debt company at my door. Am I right not to trust PayPal and not wish to just ‘ignore the computer generated letters’?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Caroline1412 

Did you phone the number on this link for paypal credit OR paypal customer services?

I know you don't want to close your account but i posted the link as it had the number on it.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-close-my-paypal-credit-account-faq2865?app=sear...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.