i keep getting this ERRORCODE-50001 when i try to calculate a shipping label price!! HELP!

adrianjordan45
New Community Member

does anyone know how yo fix this issue? i keep getting a ERRORCODE-50001. i can't print out shipping ages because this error code keep popping up. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

CZTom
Contributor
Contributor

I found an old post from 2017 where someone had this problem (yes Paypal it's been going on that long). He changed his default payment from credit card to PayPal balance and everything worked fine. i tried this and it worked for me. I only had one label to print so not sure if this is a good pattern but it's worth a try. 

When I messaged PayPal support the other day he acted like he'd never heard of this problem. Really? There are posts on this Error code 50001 problem that are several years old. C'mon PayPal fix this!

Login to Me Too

jstjphnz
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!  I saw references to this error in older posts but did not see that solution.  Worked for me.  I called Paypal support multiple times re this and each time they acted like I was the first person ever to report that problem,.  Seriously?  Error code 50001, something tells me that's not a rare occurrence.  They need to ratchet up the knowledge base they provide to support staff.  This has been driving me CRAZY for months!

Login to Me Too

alfa69
Contributor
Contributor

Even though I use my balance to pay for shipping. I change my preferred credit card to another one and it went back to working. 

Login to Me Too

LJaneL
New Community Member

Thanks, switching my preferred payment to paypal balance worked.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.