Spam txts

M1c3y
Contributor
Contributor
Do paypal send txt msgs saying account has been blocked and to contact an email address
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @M1c3y,

I'm sorry to hear that you've received what sounds like it might be a spoof text message. If your account were actually limited, you would be able to log in from a fresh browser window without following any links in any emails or text messages, and there would be messaging that directs you to resolve issues in the Resolution Center. We would not ask you to reach out to any email addresses to resolve any issues.

Thank you for your caution!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @M1c3y,

I'm sorry to hear that you've received what sounds like it might be a spoof text message. If your account were actually limited, you would be able to log in from a fresh browser window without following any links in any emails or text messages, and there would be messaging that directs you to resolve issues in the Resolution Center. We would not ask you to reach out to any email addresses to resolve any issues.

Thank you for your caution!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.