How to add back bank that was removed because of insufficient funds?

gregorypeck1
Contributor
Contributor

So there's some wierdness going on---I had previously added my bank account (a credit union). 

But yesterday, not only was there a negative balance in my wallet, but the bank account was missing!

• I then proceeded to try to add funds by linking a bank
  • But when I enter my bank creds, I get an error "cannot add this bank at this time". 
  • so i tried the help chat and it allowed me to try to add the bank account using the routing number/account number.
  • But I got a "security factor" error. 
  • I thought it was maybe because I had logged in from a VM so I tried my desktop, but still the same error

So I'm stumped. My account has a negative balance, there doesn't seem to be a way to add funds (there's no add money from credit card option) either. 

I suspect that what may have happened is that a few weeks ago I tried to buy crypto *before the bank account was properly* funded. At that point, it immediately removed the bank account and now prevents me from adding it back?

Update: that is exactly what happened. Paypal correspondence was going to spam.  So the question now is---how do i add back a bank account that was removed because of insufficient funds?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.