June 30, 2018 deadline for updating browser

btmullenix
Contributor
Contributor

I have an ordinary account (but my debit card says 'Business' on it).  I just use PayPal to purchase items from e-bay (mostly).  My browsers are already at the top of their abilities and I can't afford to purchase a new computer.  Am I really not going to be able to see my PayPal account after 6/30/18?  Am I supposed to withdraw my money and close the account?  Seriously, what are 'poor' people supposed to do here?  I'm on a fixed income and have to watch every penny, and am unable to accommodate PayPal's upgrade request.  Would it make a difference if I had a personal account, in which case, how do I change from Business to Personal?  (Don't know how I got on Business in the first place).  I read the policy information and am completely lost, as I have no idea what all those initials stand for or if I use them to make purchases.  And even if I can continue to make purchases, if I can't see my account, I won't be able to track purchases or ask questions.  This is all very confusing for non-computer literate elderly people!

Login to Me Too
148 REPLIES 148

sonofagun231
Contributor
Contributor

Overall I need help understanding and dealing with the increasing complexity of PP and its service.

For one - don't understand how to handle this latest security update requirement.   Am I ok now or do I need to do some kind of upgrading?   How do I find out?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sonofagun231

Just click on the sandbox link paypal give you in your paypal account notice, if the page loads you are ok, you do NOT need to sign in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SeanMartin
New Community Member

So by the end of the month, if I havent updated my browser to the most bright and shiny, I cant use PayPal? SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE??

I'm sorry, my browsers are updated as far as they can go with this OS. Is PayPal going to buy me a new computer just so I use its damn service? AT LEAST GIVE US SOME OPTIONS HERE. Not everyone can afford to update when sites like this decide to ramp up, so perhaps it's time PayPal et al consider that a bit before REQUIRING a MANDATORY upgrade?

I am so over this crap.

Login to Me Too

zebrafish

To check if all's ok (which I suspect from reading your post) go to https://tlstest.paypal.com  If it says "PayPal_Connection_OK" no further action is required.

If it doesn't say that you may want to use a different browser like Firefox, Edge or IE11 for the time-being when using Paypal until your favourite browser is updated.

Hope this helps

ZF

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @zebrafish,

Thanks for providing a link for testing. Please check the link. There's a stray space that makes it not work correctly. 

I've also removed some duplicate posts. It's only necessary to post the information once for it to be visible to everyone in the thread. Thank you for your understanding.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Confusedguy226
New Community Member

I have a business account AND saw something about having to change settings s of June 30th

I am so confused

I have over 50 pages with PayPal buttons on them

Can someone tell me what I need to do to assure no interuption in my services

ConfusedGuy622 

Login to Me Too

Galaxie66
New Community Member

I have a windows Vista Laptop, and I'm using Google Chrome version  49.0.2623.112. I checked compatibility on the sandbox site and it would not let me log in.  Does this mean that I my operating system and browser are not compatible? I also updated chrome on my Smart Phone and got the same result on the sandbox site. 

Login to Me Too

farmerbassy
New Community Member

I saw a banner on the PayPal site saying to update my browser by June 30. I am using Windows 10 and Chrome. I clicked to the sandbox site to see if my browser was updated. It took me to the login screen. I tried to login. It didn't know my e-mail address or my password.  When I went to the site like I usually do, I can login fine.  I don't understand what is going on. I am concerned that my account has been compromised and I can't figure out how to talk to a human about it.

Login to Me Too

Ahmed114
New Community Member

Update Required: Before June 30, 2018 PayPal is requiring all account users to update their desktop and mobile browsers to remain compliant with new security standards. You will not be able to access PayPal.com after June 30th if your browser isn’t updated. Updating your browser is a quick process. Learn how to upgrade your browser.

Am worrying about this requirement . i checked and tried to update but did not.

Any expert who have done this update ?????  thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

Sullydogs
New Community Member
Seems odd. Shouldn't Chrome be telling me I need to update my browser? Sounds like it's time to go back to snail mail and landlines.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.