International Hidden transfer fees

MissLozza
New Community Member

Hi, my mother in-law sent through $270 NZD which equated including exchange fees to $245 aud into my PAyPal account. However I only received $230??? There is a $15 difference in what she believed she transferred to what was actually put into my account. The issue I have is not so much the fee even if was a little high but that PayPal are not being open and clear of their charges during the transfer process. The fees need to be displayed on the activity statement. Which includes the actual amount sent and then the fee which totals the amount received, Not just the total amount received.I think it’s deceptive of PayPay for both parties sending and receiving if these are not clearly stated. I find that by not clearly displaying on the activity what are the fees and charges are that PayPal are hiding there charges and deceptive. 

Has anyone had this issue? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MissLozza 

It could be you were sent you a commercial payment in error, as sender forgot to indicate "Sending to a friend" under the amount field. To check, click "Report a problem", if you can file Item Not Received and Significantly Not As Described dispute, that means it was a goods and services payment and there are standard PayPal fees for receiving money besides currency exchange fees.

You can look up and calculate the fees here:

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/cfsgpds-full?locale.x=en_AU#int_18_Fees_and_charges

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.