IS this Scam?

TonguitaToscano
New Community Member

Hello community, I'm wandering if any of you can help me whit this inconvenient. I'm selling my computer in gumtree and a woman contact me for it, she asked me if she could do the payment by "PayPal", of course I said yes. Later she notified me that the payment had been send it. I checked my email account and I received two mails about this payment but those looks fake, like Scam. The address from where I received this message is <removed>. Does any of you now about something like this? 

Cheers!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
@TonguitaToscano wrote:

Hello community, I'm wandering if any of you can help me whit this inconvenient. I'm selling my computer in gumtree and a woman contact me for it, she asked me if she could do the payment by "PayPal", of course I said yes. Later she notified me that the payment had been send it. I checked my email account and I received two mails about this payment but those looks fake, like Scam. The address from where I received this message is <removed>. Does any of you now about something like this? 

Cheers!

Yes, scam. They try to trick you to ship the goods without payment by sending to your email address fake PayPal confirmations/messages telling you to "do this, do that" of which PayPal doesn't. PayPal tells you that you received payment, that is all. PP knows you go enough sense to ship when you receive payment. When you sell valuable stuff it attracts these scams so be on the look out and to always check your account for payment first and don't just take the word of the email.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
@TonguitaToscano wrote:

Cheers!

Yes, scam. They try to trick you to ship the goods without payment by sending to your email address fake PayPal confirmations/messages telling you to "do this, do that" of which PayPal doesn't. PayPal tells you that you received payment, that is all. PP knows you go enough sense to ship when you receive payment. When you sell valuable stuff it attracts these scams so be on the look out and to always check your account for payment first and don't just take the word of the email.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.