New Community Member

Are ebay fees included in paypal fees?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bren67 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies.

You pay Ebay to list and hopefully sell your item, those fees are invoiced to you on a monthly basis.

You pay Paypal to be able to accept instant payments from buyers including from credit cards, those fees are deducted from the buyers payment before the remainder is credited to your Paypal account balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bren67
New Community Member

Hi, thank you

I wonder how much eBay is going to charge me in addition to the Paypal fee? I have a feeling that I am not going to make any profit on my lower priced items when I find out the eBay fees. That's a bummer. How do people make any money on lower ticketed items?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bren67 

Ebay fees are listed on their site, you pay a listing fee (sometimes, dependent on what you list and any upgrades), then you pay a final value fee dependent on what it sells for. Those fees are listed in your ebay seller account in your ''my ebay''.

If you are selling low cost items then look into opening a micropayment paypal account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-are-micropayments-faq664?app=searchAutoComplete

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.