fees

sashasmith1001
New Community Member

why do I get charged 1.99 to send money to friends..

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sashasmith1001 

Because the Recipient is cross-border, see below):

To determine the Fee for a Cross Border Personal Transaction payment sent to a User in a specific country, please follow the steps below.

Step 1. Find the country or country group in which the recipient’s registered address is located. See A4.4 of this Schedule 1 for further reference. Ask the recipient if you are not sure (second column).

Step 2. Find the applicable Fee (third column).

ActivityCountry of recipient’s Account

Fee

Sending a Cross Border Personal Transaction payment

US, Canada, Northern Europe, Europe I, Europe II

1.99 EUR
 Any other country^3.99 EUR

A4.4 A “Cross Border” payment occurs when the sender and receiver are registered with PayPal as resident in different countries. Certain countries are grouped together as follows for ease of reference when calculating Cross Border payment Fees:

Group Name

Countries

Northern Europe

Aland Islands, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden.

Europe I

Austria, Belgium, Channel Islands, Cyprus, Estonia, France (including French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Reunion and Mayotte), Germany , Gibraltar, Greece, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy , Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, United Kingdom, Vatican City State.

Europe II

Albania, Andorra, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Switzerland, Ukraine.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.