eBay blocking refund according to seller

CatVert68
New Community Member

I recently purchased a vehicle via eBay and, as requested by the seller, sent a $500.00 PayPal deposit. The seller then requested that I pay the entire purchase amount via wire transfer after which they would refund the PayPal deposit. 5 days later, I recieved a notice that an unpaid item case had been opened on eBay. The seller claimed that to be an eBay glitch. I have since received the title and purchase agreement paperwork and was notified this morning that the vehicle has been picked up and is enroute, but that the PayPal deposit can't be refunded since eBay is blocking it due to the unpaid item case.

Does anyone know if that linkage between eBay and PayPal actually exists? It's virtually impossible for a buyer to contact eBay support so I can't find out if the seller is just trying to drag things out long enough to keep the deposit on top of the full purchase price already paid. Hoping someone here may have helpful knowledge.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.