What if I don't own a mobile phone? Why no option to state this fact?

fyoung17
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting popups that ask for my mobile phone # for security.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Steven_Villman
Contributor
Contributor

Well, that will have to change there if PayPal wants to save face from people like me!  😑

Login to Me Too

Quagmire
Contributor
Contributor

Or at least allow you to enter a landline phone number. Although, saying that, I have Sky caller protection (or whatever it's called) and will need to know Paypal's phone number so I can whitelist it, as there has to be a human at the other end of the line for me to agree to allow the call through, as they (In this case, Paypal) have to say who they are.

Login to Me Too

thinwater2001
Contributor
Contributor

They know your email address, ebay account, physical address and credit card number.  What else do they need, nothing, its about further tracking.

Login to Me Too

Steven_Villman
Contributor
Contributor

I just really hate it when companies only pander to smartphone-owning people, as some people just cannot afford a smartphone/basic cellphone and all of the expenses (monthly subscription fee, activation fees, etc.) such as myself!!!  😑😑😑😑😑

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steven_Villman 

I appreciate the cost issue but i think paypal are doing it for the security of your account.

You don't have to get an all singing and dancing 'teenagers dream' phone...  you can buy a cheap 2nd hand one for a tenner and then not have a contract but use 'pay as you go', if you never use it then it costs you nothing after the initial costings.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.