Unauthorised order

Braden94
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I have received an email from PayPal stating 'you submitted and order in the amount of ... to ...' delivering to an address that is not mine and is unknown to me. I am having trouble reporting this as there has not been a transaction from my bank account and I cannot cancel this order in 'manage pre-approved' as it is not showing up here either. Any help will be very much appreciated Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Braden94

If the transaction is not showing in your paypal account then are you sure the email wasn't a spoof?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Braden94
Contributor
Contributor
On the email I received, it says "submitted order" and that confirmation is awaiting to be confirmed by seller
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Braden94

Is it showing on your paypal account at all?

Is there a link in that email for you to click.........DON'T CLICK ON IT THOUGH.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RudolphsOwner

I have the exact same issue. 2 emails received last night for an online purchase from Curry's/PC World to be sent to an address which I don't recognise in London. The email has been received from <removed>, the payment hasn't been taken as I simply don't have the funds to cover it in the linked account. The email received is addressed to myself using my full name and includes the correct contact email address for Curry's/PC World customer service. 

It looks as legitimate as it can be. Obviously I've not clicked any links and I've forwarded it to the phishing department, and on a side note I've contacted Curry's/PC World directly with the order number but I'm yet to receive a response (only emailed 5 minutes ago).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.