Tracking Information

Brady13
New Community Member

Hi! I'm trying to receive payment over PayPal for an eBay purchase and a confirmation email from PayPal is telling me to give them the shipment tracking number and proof of postage to receive payment via email. Does anyone where I should send this information to or if I need to do something else? I don't see any options to provide shipping under "activities." 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brady13 

THIS SCAM?
They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and do not have a Paypal account so they can't use Ebay checkout.

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brady13 

THIS SCAM?
They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and do not have a Paypal account so they can't use Ebay checkout.

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ADOBO
Contributor
Contributor

When receiving payments you need to submit your tracking number in order for you to have access to the funds once PayPal confirms that the parcel has been received  by your buyer.  

Please see details below on how to upload tracking information through your transaction.

Here’s how to add your tracking information or change the order status:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Click the transaction you'd like to update and then Get your money.
  3. If you sold products and have a tracking number, select Product and add the tracking information.
  4. If you sold an intangible item or service, select Service or virtual product and confirm the order status.
  5. Click Submit.

Once you click 'Submit', the buyer receives an email notifying them that you entered the shipment tracking information for this transaction (if applicable). The email includes the tracking number, order status, and shipping company.

When buyers don’t receive any information about the parcel they tend to file a dispute and you need to upload the tracking number or proof of  postage.

To help us settle a claim, we may require you to upload a document.  

To upload a document:

1. Go to your Resolution Center. (The Resolution Center is only accessible on a web browser, not the PayPal app.)
  2. Click Respond beside your claim.
  3. Click Respond.
  4. Choose I'd like to submit the requested info.
  5. Drag and drop the file. Include a short description and click Submit.

Hope this helps you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ADOBO 

That does NOT apply to the original poster, they were saying that they had to send an email with tracking before receiving payment.

So this is NOT the new seller hold as per your post its a SCAM as per my above post.

Your advice would have led them to being scammed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ADOBO
Contributor
Contributor

The only time sellers can post a tracking number through their transaction is when payment is made, through the PayPal system.   If there is no payment made  that simply means the sale never happened.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ADOBO 

Exactly which is what happened, the original poster had an EMAIL to tell them to send tracking and NOTHING was showing in their activity which means its the scam that has been on this forum for at least the 15 years I have been helping on here.

Paypal do NOT tell you to email tracking numbers. That would be a fake spoof paypal email from a SCAMMER.

The original poster had an EMAIL to say send tracking and there was nothing in their activity which means its this common SCAM.

So don't give advice leading to someone possibly being scammed. 

Try reading their original post correctly.

Hi! I'm trying to receive payment over PayPal for an eBay purchase and a confirmation email from PayPal is telling me to give them the shipment tracking number and proof of postage to receive payment via email. Does anyone where I should send this information to or if I need to do something else? I don't see any options to provide shipping under "activities." 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.