Total Charges for payment FROM Aus to the UK

ozdennisb
Contributor
Contributor

If, from Melbourne Aus, I pay for services rendered in the UK what are the total charges for the international payment if the UK service- provider has a paypal account?   If there are any charges, are they paid from this end, or by the UK Paypal user?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ozdennisb 

For goods and services transactions, the recipient pays a transaction fee. Whether you have to deal with the currency exchange and conversion fee depends on what currency you are invoiced in.

If you’re billed in AUD then there’s no fee or currency exchange/conversion fee to you at all at checkout. Seller deals with the currency conversion/PayPal transaction fees. 

If you’re invoiced in GBP, then you can choose who does the currency conversion to get a better rate during checkout, if available (Look for “View Currency conversion” options link at checkout): PayPal or your card issuer. The seller is still subject to the PayPal transaction fee.

Some sellers do build these expenses into their pricing or bill you a surcharge (where PayPal policy allows) on their invoice.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.