TOTAL BS: Why is PayPal keeping all fees on a refund now?

SKIER150
New Community Member

The crap that PayPal puts out never ceases to amaze me.  Now they are keeping the entire fee on a refund for any reason.  So if a buyer pays, then changes their mind 5 minutes later, I loose 3% on the sale.  No f'n way!  Just another drop in the "we don't give a damn about our customers" overflowing bucket from PayPal.  Way past time to move on, PayPal is played out.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SKIER150 

Then you need to change up how you process payments. The traditional way is when the authorization and capturing happens as the same time so that you receive payment right away but if you set up your payments via A2C method, the authorization occurs first putting the buyer's funds on hold, waiting for you to capture it or cancel at a later time. And when you cancel an transaction/order, you will only be charged the 30 cents.

You can do it for the classic PayPal Standard web payments (buttons) or integrated checkout API on your webshop:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/admin/auth-capture/

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SKIER150
New Community Member

Thanks for the input.  That would be great, but these payments are through eBay, so I do not think I can change anything.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.