Personal or Business account personal details

vic986
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am on the way to build up a personal website ,selling mobile phone accessories. I have already a personal PayPal account and I am wondering if I should use this one or upgrade to a premium or business account. Also I want to know with personal account if my personal details are exposed to my customers when I receive payments or send a refund to them. Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @vic986,

Welcome to our Community Forums. This is a great question! If you are selling through a website, I would recommend upgrading your account to a Business account. Business accounts are recommended for merchants who operate under a company/group name. It offers additional features such as allowing up to 200 employees limited access to your account and customer service email alias for customer issues to be routed for faster follow-ups. With a Business account, only your business name is shown to your buyer; your first / last name is not shown.

I hope that helps and good luck with your business!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @vic986,

Welcome to our Community Forums. This is a great question! If you are selling through a website, I would recommend upgrading your account to a Business account. Business accounts are recommended for merchants who operate under a company/group name. It offers additional features such as allowing up to 200 employees limited access to your account and customer service email alias for customer issues to be routed for faster follow-ups. With a Business account, only your business name is shown to your buyer; your first / last name is not shown.

I hope that helps and good luck with your business!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.