Paypal impersonation spam

Mohsinmrk
New Community Member
Hi, I have recently received an email wherein spammer impersonating to be paypal email stated that my paypal account has been suspended due to a recent suspicious activity and that i need to resubmit my adress and card details. I know it was really stupid of me that i filled in the details in haste but then suddenly i realised it was a spam. Immediately i drew out the money from my card and changed the paypal password, removed the card from my paypal. By taking these precautions I hope it will be fine for me in future to request a new credit card and add to paypal again. If need to take further precautions, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ayim29
Contributor
Contributor
Browse categories SKIP TO MAIN CONTENTSKIP TO SEARCHSummary Ayim29 Reply to Message Don't forget! Products and services may differ based on the user's country and PayPal account type. Please post the correct response for the user's situation. User halldorr: Canada Business Account Results from the PayPal Help Center Can't find the answer? Browse the PayPal Help Center To help others search for your topic, you can add tags. You can also choose where to post your topic under Location. Re: Getting "Security header is not valid" error, double checked the API credentials, stil Email me when someone replies to my post. Open discussion in popup Replying to: halldorr halldorr Contributor Contributor ‎Feb-13-2018 01:44 AM Getting "Security header is not valid" error, double checked the API credentials, still not working Sending a request using the following code: $api_request = 'USER=' . urlencode('ouruser') . '&PWD=' . urlencode('ourpass') . '&SIGNATURE=' . urlencode('oursignature') . '&VERSION=76.0' . '&METHOD=ManageRecurringPaymentsProfileStatus' . '&PROFILEID=' . urlencode($subId) . '&ACTION=' . urlencode('Cancel') . '&NOTE=' . urlencode( 'Profile cancelled by PSGADMIN' ); $ch = curl_init(); curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp' ); curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1 ); curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1 ); curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1 ); curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $api_request ); $response = curl_exec( $ch ); Sending using PHP and the response I get back looks likje: Array ( [TIMESTAMP] => 2018-02-08T15:05:39Z [CORRELATIONID] => 44f5a6f13e3b8 [ACK] => Failure [VERSION] => 76.0 [BUILD] => 39206242 [L_ERRORCODE0] => 10002 [L_SHORTMESSAGE0] => Security error [L_LONGMESSAGE0] => Security header is not valid [L_SEVERITYCODE0] => Error ) I have double and triple checked the credentials we're sending (above I have just said ouruser, ourpass etc) but what could be triggering this error? Solved! Go to Solution. 9 people had this problem. Top Powered by Khoros HELP & CONTACT SECURITY ©1999-2021 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Legal Policy updates
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.