Multiple PayPal accounts for multiple e-commerce stores?

lemming1000
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I want to run several small e-commerce stores in different niches and use PayPal as a checkout option.

What I wonder is, should I open a new PayPal Business account for each store, if I want to use my brand name at the checkout? As far as I know, we're allowed to have only two PayPal accounts - one personal and one business.

Would the solution be child accounts? If yes, how do I set one up? I wrote to Customer Support a week ago, but no one is responding.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lemming1000 wrote:

Hello,

I want to run several small e-commerce stores in different niches and use PayPal as a checkout option.

What I wonder is, should I open a new PayPal Business account for each store, if I want to use my brand name at the checkout? As far as I know, we're allowed to have only two PayPal accounts - one personal and one business.

Would the solution be child accounts? If yes, how do I set one up? I wrote to Customer Support a week ago, but no one is responding.

Thank you.

You have to speak with customer service. Emailing is not very effective.

Click "Help" at the top menu, then scroll down and click "Contact Us" and then select the phone option.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lemming1000 wrote:

Hello,

Thank you.

You have to speak with customer service. Emailing is not very effective.

Click "Help" at the top menu, then scroll down and click "Contact Us" and then select the phone option.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lemming1000
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. When I'll have the shops set up, I'll call them. 🙂

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

you can have 8 email addresses for each Paypal account,but there would not be separate balance per email address,you just see one account balance/

I don't know if Paypal will let you have more than 2 accounts-one business and one personal,if Paypal allows ,consider you may need multiple bank accounts to transfer fund and multiple credit cards as you cannot link the same bank account and credit card to more than one account.

Is it really worth the hassles for small startup business? 

Login to Me Too

lemming1000
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

On the long run, I'd like to be able to have separate PayPal accounts for each store and supposedly this is how you can do it: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Business-Archive/Multiple-business-quot-child-quot-account...

I just think it makes it a better experience for the customer.

To avoid confusion at present time, I explained in my FAQ, how the PayPal statements will appear on their accounts.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.