Money was sent but i still havent recieved it

DanielKaiser
Contributor
Contributor

I have a problem. I'm new to paypal and I was selling an account for a game on facebook. All went good, i gave him the account information and he send me 85USD. I got the invoice/facture saying that ti was payed and I even got the same think my paypal account. It said that it could take up to 24 hours to show the money on my paypal balance but it was over 33 hours now. He got the account the invoice says that the thing is paid and i dont know why the money isnt on my paypal. It's not in my payment history either.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DanielKaiser

People can make fake invoices through their PayPal account and mark it as paid and send as pdf or screenshot to you and make fake PayPal email confirmations. If there is no funds for this transaction in your PayPal account, then you have not been paid and you were scammed.

Selling game accounts are a draw for these kinds of scams. People steal not only funds online but goods too.  Look at the email headers of the PayPal confirmations to see if they are from official PayPal email address. Hope you didn't send the game account. If buyer really sent funds, tell him to file a dispute because you don't have the money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DanielKaiser
Contributor
Contributor

Eventought the E-mail can be faked the same invoice appeared on my paypal profile and im not sure if scammers are able to fake message directly from paypal. The other thing is that the invoice is written entirely in my mature language(czech) which im not sure the scammer would be able to write.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DanielKaiser

If it was marked as an invoice then its probably a scam doing the rounds as its been sent by a buyer and altered to look as though he has paid you.
Signs its a scam are >>>
its an invoice BUT sellers send invoices not buyers
marked as paid
marked as gift
says payment won't show in your balance for eg 24 hours
can't be chargedback.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send anything until the funds are showing in your paypal account balance.
Paypal payments are more or less instant.
Paypal will never tell you that a payment can't be subject to a chargeback if thats what scammers are still putting on invoices.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.