June 30, 2018 deadline for updating browser

btmullenix
Contributor
Contributor

I have an ordinary account (but my debit card says 'Business' on it).  I just use PayPal to purchase items from e-bay (mostly).  My browsers are already at the top of their abilities and I can't afford to purchase a new computer.  Am I really not going to be able to see my PayPal account after 6/30/18?  Am I supposed to withdraw my money and close the account?  Seriously, what are 'poor' people supposed to do here?  I'm on a fixed income and have to watch every penny, and am unable to accommodate PayPal's upgrade request.  Would it make a difference if I had a personal account, in which case, how do I change from Business to Personal?  (Don't know how I got on Business in the first place).  I read the policy information and am completely lost, as I have no idea what all those initials stand for or if I use them to make purchases.  And even if I can continue to make purchases, if I can't see my account, I won't be able to track purchases or ask questions.  This is all very confusing for non-computer literate elderly people!

Login to Me Too
148 REPLIES 148

mdrew67
Contributor
Contributor

I'm at the latest version of my browser that my computer can use, not the latest version of my browser.

I won't be updating anything.

It's PayPal's responsibility to make sure all customers are able to access their accounts.

Login to Me Too

cavscoutmaddog
New Community Member

True or un-true? is this a requirement for say chrome or any browser?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cavscoutmaddog

True its all over paypal and should show a message when you log in to your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JEFFGJ
Contributor
Contributor

I TRIED THE "SANDBOX" SITE AND IT WOULDN'T LET ME LOG IN WITH MY PASSWORD. I HAVE CHECKED MY CURRENT BROWSER AND IT IS SUPPOSEDLY UPDATED. WHAT GIVES? I'M USING THE MOST CURRENT BROWSER UPDATE FOR IE11.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JEFFGJ

Did you actually read paypals information before you clicked on that link.

Because i did and no where did it tell you to try and log in with your password.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JEFFGJ
Contributor
Contributor

I go it. Went to the page and it loaded right away. Once I had the page "sandbox" page loaded, I tried to log into my account. Didn't need to, right?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JEFFGJ

Got it  Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Cookie29
Contributor
Contributor

I believe Silk Home is my browser on my Kindle.  How do I update it for PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Kittinkle
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have a question about the browser update by June 30 - specifically, please explain these instructions:

• Instructions to update desktop browsers 
  • Please visit our sandbox site from each of your browsers. If the page loads, you are already upgraded. 

"If the page loads..." what page? The sandbox site? Or my login via the sandbox site?

The sandbox site loaded just fine, but my login on the sandbox site didn't. My email wasn't recognized. I have no difficulty logging in the regular way (out of the sandbox). I updated and tested two of my browsers, Chrome and Edge, triple-checked them. No login ability from the sandbox site.

Should I be able to login on the sandbox site? (There isn't much else to try out there.) If I can't what do I try next?

Thank you so much for your brilliant ideas.

Login to Me Too

dogsrule
New Community Member

I had the same experience as den-w.  PayPal's instructions state "if the page loads" but it's not clear WHICH page.  I can't log in from that screen either.  My browser and OS meet the stated PayPal criteria for continued access, but it's not clear that I will actually have access.  I have the same as den-w, sounds like.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.