If the funds are on hold in my account, can the buyer retract the money after I ship?

terminalvertigo
Contributor
Contributor

I am shipping to his confirmed address, and I see the money in my account, but it shows on hold.

I am concerned once i ship, he could retract the money, and i would be scammed.

thanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@terminalvertigo 

Yes, regardless because they have purchase protection of 180 days from date of payment and have to dispute you for it (see seller protection terms below). The hold is a PayPal hold to make sure you don't take off with the funds too soon before shipping and the customer reports a problem within the first 21 days. Once you ship, enter the tracking number in the PayPal details. Then when PayPal confirms delivery, the funds are released to you within 24/48 hours latter. Mind, the buyer can still file a report within 180 days if they claim not as described.

Please read:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/business/security/seller-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

terminalvertigo
Contributor
Contributor

thanks Sharpie,

I'm actually the buyer in this situation, but the seller is new and is worried I can get to the money after he ships.

I've assured him this is not the case, but he wants to be sure.

I am trying to allay his fears here, as he cant seem to contact paypal via phone.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@terminalvertigo 

Oh, I see. Yeah, seller should enter tracking number so PayPal can release funds once they confirm delivery. If tracking shows item was delivered properly to your confirmed address and you received item as described there should be no reason for seller to worry about dispute from you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

terminalvertigo
Contributor
Contributor

Really appreciate the help! Cheers mate

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.