Fixed Fee on International Payments?

IanMoone10
Contributor
Contributor
On the PayPal website it says if I receive international payments to me here in Australia in a foreign currency - that I must pay a 3.6% fee plus a “fixed fee”, but no where does it say how much that fee is? Then on top of that it says:- “ If you receive payments in currencies other than Australian dollars, we’ll convert them at 3% above our base rate when you withdraw your money to your linked bank account.” So what I am wondering is this. How much do I have to add to my invoices for my clients goods so that I am not losing all these fees and percentages on each invoice. Yes I know payments can be made as “friends & family” and not incur fees, BUT I did this once at the request of a seller and got scammed out of $300 because neither Pay Pal nor my Credit Card Service provider would cover the loss, because I marked the transaction as “trusted friends or family”. I don’t want my customers to lose their protection if a parcel goes astray, so I’d sooner just add the extra cost to their invoices and have them treat the purchase as a business transaction. But PayPal don’t make it possible to work out how much I need to add? “Fixed Fee” tells me NOTHING of any help. A percentage I can deal with but a non specified “fixed fee” is totally meaningless. How do I find out how much this fixed fee is please anyone who’s walked this particular rice paper trail ahead of this grasshopper? I have 10 parcels to post out all over the world & I don’t want to lose 10 lots of 3.6% and 10 lots of fixed fees and another 10 lots of “3% above the daily exchange rate” if that makes sense. Many thanks in advance for anyone knows? Cheers
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.