Using funds for online purchases...

RedDog3
New Community Member
If someone sends me money via PayPal, can I turn around and use those funds for an online purchase (i.e., am I required to put rh funds into a band account or credit care tied to my PayPal account? Do I have to have an account beyond a basic personal account to do so? Thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RedDog3 

You would need to upgrade your personal account to a paypal cash account to have a balance as per info in link below.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca....

Then yes you can spend the funds in your account balance as long as the funds are in the correct currency and not pending and you have marked your balance as your preferred funding option as per below.

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your preferred way to pay and put a dot in the balance option.

However you may have to verify your account by adding a bank account and providing an SSN etc before you can use your balance as a funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.