Chargeback from a shut down account

j4k0bnp
New Community Member

I sent 40 dollars to a seller around a week ago. A couple of days later, his paypal account got shut down because he is under 18 years old.

He tells me that he have no bank account because he is underage, so I have to get back my money. 

How do I get back the money to my account, when the seller’s account is shut down? 

Please help

ps. Im from Denmark and the seller from USA

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Maria________D
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, j4k0bnp

In both case scenarios of buying you can also explain that seller lied about his/her age and that is the reason you are in this situation.

If you paid as service it should be easy, just go to activity then go to transaction and there should appear chargeback option or something similar under details and total of the payment. You provide what happened, or like "didn't get what I paid for" or something like that and after If I don't mistaken you will automatically get your money back as seller hasn't provided any information.

If you paid as friends and family its a lot harder, you can try to contact paypal support, and they might help(not high chances because you did F&F) 

(ONLY IF you paid with paypal using your credit card) (warning this option is not recommended but might help as banks, usually in EU region are helpful in all kinds of situations)
if that doesn't help you can try to contact your bank and explain the situation and they might help.(If you paid with paypal using your credit card)(Warning: If you do this and they do charge back your bank account might be blacklisted from PayPal or your paypal account get deleted)

If this helped I would appreciate Kudo if you have any other questions Reply to this message and if i notice it I can try to answer them      :  )

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.