Changing my Real Life name to a Video Game Alias on Paypal.

Kraftster
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Everybody, 

I am in a bit of a pickle and wanted some assistance with this if anybody knows how to help me. I want to have a personal Paypal Account, not a business account because I've had issues with it before but I dont want my real name to be shown in full and last when people donate money to me through streaming services or give me money in general. I was just wondering if there was possibly some sort of way to have this fixed so my full legal name is not shown and it is just an online Alias name instead. I already tried to create a second paypal account for this but my visa isnt loading on the new account and I dont exactly want to switch my banking info between two accounts, that just seems unrealistic. 

Any clue how I can go about fixing this? I tried contacting customer service many times and they helped me with other smaller issues but were unable to help me with this. 

Thanks ahead. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kraftster 

You are only allowed x2 paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business, if you have 2 of the same type you risk them both being limited so I would forget the 2 account option if you are not going for a business account.

Secondly if you have a fake name on a paypal account then as soon as you have to verify it or paypal require you to send i.d. then it would be frozen as  you would have no i.d. to prove that your name was legally that fake name. Any funds would also be frozen and you would be unable to withdraw them as you could not prove the account was in your legal name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.