Being asked to transfer money from a buyer of my car

Perc44
New Community Member

Hi I am selling a car on eBay a lady claiming to be deaf and disabled has shown interest she says she sent the money for the car and for me to pay her courier so I can receive the payment. I followed her link in an email and opened up an account with pay pal, I think it’s a bit to complicated and now she says if I don’t follow pay pals instructions she will report me and call police. Am I being led on, there isn’t anything into the account and I’ve changed the password although I’ve entered my bank card details in with pay pal

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Perc44

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about what's happened. We would never pressure you into making a sale, so based on the information you've supplied, I advise you to proceed with caution. You can learn more about how to spot fake PayPal emails and websites on our Help Center. I also recommend reviewing our Seller Protection Policy, as vehicles are not covered. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.