About phone verification rarely working

Mundordin
New Community Member

why is it that it only works a few times. There have been multiple times where i was never required to give verification that I (the account owner) was the one doing the purchasing and would just accept the purchase "no questions asked" yet on a few sites i was always required to confirm Paypal verification.

*story time* In the past I had my Ebay account hack and had purchases made that wasn't me, after it was all sorted out and that I turned on the verification to "protect" my Paypal account(which was highly suggested by Paypal) from future unauthorized use.

But what is the point of it when purchases will go through without requiring any verification at all.
how does one feel that they can be safe when most purchases skip straight past verification?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Mundordin,

I'm sorry for any concern. The extra verification you sometimes experience may come up if the system sees a need for an extra layer of identity validation. Under most circumstances, logging in with your password is all that's required. If you'd like to add an extra layer of protection, there is the option for 2-step verification.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.