A warning to those with Charity accounts

alante1
Contributor
Contributor

This is not a question, but a warning to those of you who hold charity accounts that you may have fallen foul of the recent rise in fees. The charity rate has not changed, but when Paypal fees were increased on August 19th this year, some charity accounts were automatically changed to the full rate of fees without any notice from Paypal. I noticed the fees had suddenly gone up on all transactions form 19th Aug onwards and phoned Paypal to find out why - I was told that some charity account were 'negatively impacted' by the change and that the fees would be corrected to their old level within 24hours. That didn't happen so I phoned them again a week later and now fees are being charged correctly again. However there are 30 or so fees that haven't been corrected and although they say they will be refunded in the future, they can't put a timescale on it. So be warned -check your statements and phone Paypal if your fees are higher than you'd expect. It would seem they are not notifying affected charities automatically.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.