A strange message

Rubag
New Community Member
I have received a message to my cellphone informing me the PayPal had deactivated my account as a result of illegal or suspicious activities. What is it about? I can enter my account and there are no announcement about any suspicious activities
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Swam
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Rubag , I understand that you have received a message saying PayPal has deactivated your account. Please be informed, in case you are able to login to your PayPal account then the message that you have received is not a genuine one. You can block the number from which the message has been sent to you for security reasons. 
Hope this information is helpful to you. 
Thanks and regards, 
Swam

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Rubag, @Swam,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'd definitely be concerned about a text message like that as well, thank you for reaching out about it. Since you can login to your account and you do not see any notifications about any suspicious activity, it sounds like that text message is not from PayPal. Here's a great Help Center article you may find useful: How do I spot and report a fake PayPal email or website?

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.