TransactionSearch: The request failed with HTTP status 406: Not Acceptable.

bertsirkin
New Community Member

I'm using the PayPal SOAP API, and have been for MANY years now. I'm migrating to a new computer and have ported the code and certificate to the new computer. My code runs without issue on my old computer, but I'm getting the following error on the new computer when I execute the TransactionSearch method:

"An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details. "

--the innerException is:

"The request failed with HTTP status 406: Not Acceptable."

I've compared the "request" object that I'm passing to the method on both computers, and they're identical.

I can't figure out why the method call works on one computer, but not the other.

appreciate any assistance!

bert

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

It sounds like a problem with the certificate config on the new machine.  I would suggest switching from Certificate to Signature.  

It's kind of a pain because you have to kill the certificate before you can enable Signature, and then quickly update any live integrations with this new signature value.

Alternatively, you could create a new account to use with Signature and start migrating over to that once you know it's all good.  

Otherwise you'll need to figure out what is wrong with your certificate setup.  I think it would have to be signed from that new machine specifically, but it's been a long time since I've had to mess with that because I switched to Signature long ago.  🙂

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

rgilchrist
New Community Member

Hi Bertsirkin

I realise your question is nearly a year old now, but I am hitting exactly the same issue. 

Did you find a solution to your problem?

Cheers
Rob

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.